Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fundraising

I really want to get this fundraiser going that I'm working on. I've got the idea. I don't have a date for it yet, but it won't be for at least six months so I'm not overly stressed about a date just yet. But I cannot get information ABOUT fundraising from anywhere! I have posted questions on various sites, sent off for information, asked people on the inside, and I have gotten zero support or response. It's really disappointing! I have this fantastic idea, and I could probably raise a lot of money to help the people I want to help, and I can't get anyone to help support it whatsoever! All I need is some information on the rules and regs of doing a fundraiser. Can I do a fundraiser for a cause without doing a major licensing or registration for it? I don't need to do anything major because I'm not an official fundraising organization, yet. ;) But the fact is I can't get anyone to help with anything! I'm so irritated to be honest. I don't understand how people can claim to be supportive of something, like the military, and yet I ask the military people for help and I get nothing. And I absolutely mean zero, I got no response from anyone or anyplace that I posted questions. I could go off by myself and just do it, say fuckem', but the fact is I don't really want to get nailed on a technicality down the road because I was uninformed. But I can't get the information I'm looking for anywhere. And of course the already established charities want half the money for themselves so they won't offer up any information. I want none of the money. It is absolutely non profit across the board. I just want to collect money from people so I can donate it to one cause and guarantee it actually goes where I want it to. Because half the time you donate to an organization and only $.10 on the dollar actually goes TO the cause. Screw that, I want it ALL to go where it belongs, to the people or cause that I'm donating to. So what do I do? How do I get it going and start promoting it if I don't even know the fundamentals about it? Sigh, I'm so frustrated :(

No comments:

Post a Comment